Wednesday, July 18, 2018


your words sometimes light in me,
this brilliant, fast glimpse
of what our love could be.


but when i look around
i worry my feet 
are off the floor 
i wonder how you even got in,
without use of the door
is this your usual way
fancy in flight
do you slip in every girls dream
in the middle of the night

is this just some magical spell
and i not only swallowed your potion
but completely fell,
for the sparkle, 
in that damn
 pixie dust.
and even when you bravely hold my hand,
this all requires something i lack,
'trust’.

and i want it, you know.
to completely take flight.
straight on til morning, 
second star to the right.

and i want it, you know.
 the funny hat,  and green tights
And for a boy like you,
I’d fight Hook , 
twice.

and i want it, you know.
whatever may come.
but here's another problem,
I want it all, 
not just some.

not to mention, that with boys like you,
there will be sleeping beauties,
 and long  golden locks
princesses willing to make out with frogs
and I’m really just some girl who sits dreaming at her sill',
in a less then ordinary frock.

.j.




No comments: