Wednesday, June 27, 2018

I stood in the window,
tattooed by the trees,
their shadows upon me,
as I watched you leave.

You took with you, my world
and all I ever craved.
That timing, she really is a bitch.
I had known in my heart, 
everything was about to cave.

And now,
the moon,
 it does constantly change.
just as my heart, 
tries desperately to rearrange.

yet sometimes, late at night,
I still seek those shadows of trees
while standing still in the moon light,
I like to feel them on me
in the dead of night,
they feel good, etched across my form
for they bring back a memory of you,
that still keeps me warm
they bring with them
 a familiar rush,
in the mind of crazy, 
they bring to me 
a quiet hush

No, 
your no longer there,
but theres something with the scent
of that midnight air.

Those shadows of trees 
bring some consolation,
when my heart feels like its drowning,
in complete desperation.

~j~


No comments: