Saturday, January 3, 2015


There was something in those moments,

when that shadow moved closer.
Without even making a clear view of him,
that made me feel like I was about to fall, 
or turn into liquid,
or burst into flames,
from just the anticipation of his embrace.
For within that embrace, 
was such a static,
such a charged atmosphere,
when his shocking skin was finally against mine.
It wasn’t just some ..
quantifiable external beauty 
that created this;
Even though, his scent alone 
could draw me in blindly,
and always, 
did I have a desire to devour his flesh;
No, this was not that.
This was a force.
More then some kinetic energy force. 
This force was tactile too.
This was a force all its own.

It was something undefinable .


For within his embrace, 
is where all my incoherent, random words,
puzzled letters and multi-colored pictures,
came together poetically 
and gave my heart a voice.
Where at last my language had made sense.
I simply breathed easier
 with the weight of his body against my chest.
And once I knew the difference, 
without him,
 I went gracefully insane.

~j


No comments: