Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hanging by the phone

 Hey, it's me.
 Listen, I'm sorry. 
For everything I said and, 
more so, for everything I didn't say.
 I'm trying to trust you, it's just that...
 [click] 
Hey, me again.
 Shocker. 
Your phone cut me off. 
Okay, where was I? 
Right. I'm sorry.
 Wait, what if you didn't get that first message at all?
 Now I just sound stupid.
 Okay, okay...
I found your spare keys and I thought you might...
 [click]
 Fuck!
Oh, hey. Um, found your keys. 
They were in that box of albums 
and other things I wasn't sure if you wanted
 But, I figured you'd want at least them back so,
if you want, 
just give me a call and...
 [click] 
Hey. 
Apparently your phone knows something I don't know.
 I've got your fucking keys,
 if you need them, 
Call me
~j~

No comments: