Thursday, September 24, 2009

In The News


:Chicago Tribune:
Dinners put strangers at the same table to share food and thoughts

.
What a fucking brilliant idea!
Exactly what we need.
People live in their own iPod boxes, cubicles,
and their mind and their worlds shrink.
I tend to be that girl who strikes conversation with anyone, in any place, anytime. Always enjoying what it is you can absorb and learn from anyone.
I despise those who pass judgement before trying to see all the possible sides to a coin, who live in the narrow valleys of life, and forget how far a smile and a simple, sincere 'hello, how are you?' can go.
A night like this-
- conversation with a diverse group of otherwise strangers-
- is like Society-yoga!
.
I do worry tho, with my luck, I'd be seated next to
'the-one-weird-guy'
My friendly-ness has landed me with some real 'winners'.
I made small talk with a store greeter one day.
I think I may have to mail her a bill.
..or change my hair color.
.

No comments: